The APPs listed below may be downloaded and installed on mobile devices running Android or iOS. They can communicate with either Carbonio CE or Carbonio servers.
It is the client that enables mail administration from iOS or Android mobile devices.
Files The Files app allows users to view, upload, and perhaps remove files stored in Carbonio Files. It is also possible to submit photographs and documents from mobile devices.
Downloading Mobile Apps
Preview in the Files App
The Files App allows you to preview the following file kinds. Unsupported file formats can be opened using a third-party programme.
Configuration of Mobile Applications
Please follow the instructions in this section to gain access to your account using a Zextras mobile app. The technique is only necessary when configuring the first APP; all subsequent APPs can reuse the credentials established for the first App; in other words, access credentials are shared throughout Zextras Apps.
For example, if you install the Carbonio Mail App and set it to access the account email@example.com, you will be able to access the files saved in Carbonio Files for the same account as soon as you install the Carbonio Files App.
Configuration on the server side
All users have the mobile application activated by default. These are the sole prerequisites for the server:
- The Internet must be able to access Port 443/HTTPS.
- The domain must have a valid SSL/TLS certificate.
- The user you use to log in to the Carbonio CE Mail App must be an existing and current user.
Sign in with Carbonio Mail
Follow these steps to utilise Carbonio Mail App:
- Download the app (see the section on Downloading Mobile Apps).
- Activate (see the section on Notifications)
- Log in using the app
- Account name for email
- The server name must match the FQDN. It is not essential to input the port number because 443 / HTTPS is already configured.
Carbonio Mail mobile app communicates to the server over an HTTPS secure connection, and Carbonio answers with its certificate. This process (known as the SSL handshake) ensures data integrity and privacy for information exchanged between the client and the server, which is encrypted, as long as the SSL certificate is current and not expired.
Follow these steps to ensure that your Android or iOS smartphone can receive notifications:
- Log out of the application
- Navigate to the Settings menu on the smartphone, then to the Apps & Notifications section.
- Choose Carbonio Mail from the list of installed programmes.
- Navigate to the Notifications section.
- Enable alerts (the first option at the top).
- Enable the Appointment subsection banner notice.
- Log in again.
Notifications should now function, however keep in mind that if the app is not running, you will only get appointment notifications.