The interaction of a cluster with a database instance hosted by a third-party service provider is a classic illustration of external service integration. Carbonio Mesh is used to deploy in circumstances like this one with Carbonio.
Situation & Conditions
In our example scenario, a Carbonio Multi-Server installation with the following components is used:
- one or more Nodes for Carbonio Files
- One cluster node, maybe distinct from the Carbonio Files Nodes, was chosen as the terminating gateway
- Carbonio Files utilises a PostgreSQL database, which is either
- Unrelated to the Carbonio infrastructure is a server
Remotely hosted by an outside service
Setup and security
What the External Service Means
.Setting up the carbonio-files-db
Installing Carbonio Files Nodes
- Install these packages on the two nodes that will be hosting Carbonio Files. Installing them on the two store nodes is what we advise.
Take Services Out of the Catalogue
- Delete the configuration file and stop the systemd unit service
- Remove the gateway settings.