This section covers different information for a successful installation of Zextras Suite, such as requirements, setup details, and guidelines. Please read the next part, Basic Information, carefully to ensure you do not overlook any critical information needed to set up Zextras Suite.
There is no additional software required to install Zextras Suite beyond what is required by a typical Zimbra setup. If you haven’t yet installed Zimbra, you can look at its System Requirements.
If you intend to utilise Zextras Drive, Zextras Team, or both, some additional configuration is required. Because these two programmes must interact over web sockets on ports tcp 8742 and tcp 8743, respectively, you must change the file /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.web to include the following code.
Minimum Requirements and Fine-Tuning
- Lowercase and capital letters
- The following symbols are used: _ – # () = @
Possibilities for installation
- Installation of a single store on a single server. The simplest method is provided in Section Quick Installation Guide.
- Installation of a single store on a multiserver. This method is comparable to the previous one and is used for installing Zextras Suite in a multiserver environment; for more information, see Installing Zextras Suite on a Single-store Infrastructure.
- Installation at many locations. If you need to operate several mailboxed services, read Installing Zextras Suite on a Multistore Infrastructure.
- Zextras Core, shortened as Core, is a jar package that extends Zimbra.
- Zextras Administration Zimlet, also known as Zextras Suite Zimlet or just Zimlet, is an administration zimlet that allows you to access and control the Core.
- ZAL is a Zimbra abstraction layer that is open source. Please read these instructions for installing ZAL.
Other Zimlets Zextras
Where can I purchase the Zextras Suite package?
Zimbra’s DoS Filter
What effect the DoS Filter has on your Zextras Suite experience
Controlling the DoS Filter
Non-Zimbra Proxies and OIP Logging
- The original client IP address is shown on the left (client>).
- Each consecutive IP address (ext-proxy1>, ext-proxy2>,…) is a proxy that transmitted the request, including the IP address from where it received it.
- The IP address on the right (ext-proxyN>) is the most recent proxy.
- The IP address of the Originating client, from whom the request originated or was started, is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- The first proxy server, yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, will submit a request to another proxy server or the target server.
Modify the Nginx Template Files for Proper OIP Logging
Quick Installation Instructions
- Upload the Zextras Suite package you downloaded to your server.
- As the root user, unpack the file you just downloaded into a directory on your Zimbra server (we recommend /root/): ‘tar zxf zextras_suite-latest.tgz’ is a command.
- ‘cd zextras-suite’ will take you to the directory produced by unpacking the file.
- Run the install.sh script using the all option (for example, ‘./install.sh all’).
- The installer will download the most recent Core, ZAL, and Zimlets for your Zimbra version and begin the installation.
On Multiserver Infrastructures, Zextras Suite
Zextras Suite Installation on a Single-Store Infrastructure
Zextras Suite Installation on a Multistore Infrastructure
- Zextras Suite must be installed on ALL store servers (those that operate the mailboxd service).
- Zextras Suite communicates between stores using ports 8735 and 8736; consequently, ensure that your servers can contact each other on these ports and that the same ports are closed to outside traffic.
Instructions in Depth
Zextras Suite Complete Installation
Core Installation of Zextras Suite
Installation of Zextras Suite Zimlet
Full Zextras Suite Upgrade
Zextras Suite Upgrade on a Multiserver Infrastructure
- Upgrading Zextras Suite to a new minor release (for example, 2.16.1 to 2.16.2). Each unique server may be upgraded independently, and Zextras Suite will work normally even in a mixed minor version scenario.
- Upgrading Zextras Suite to a new major release (for example, 2.14.x to 2.16.x). Backwards compatibility is not guaranteed if all servers are upgraded at the same time, and Zextras Suite will not be completely functioning until all nodes have been upgraded to the same version.
Uninstallation of Zextras Suite
- ./install.sh -u all will remove the Zextras Core as well as the Zextras Administration Zimlet.
- ./install.sh -u core removes the Zextras Core.
- ./install.sh -u zimlet will remove the Zextras Administration Zimlet from your system.
After-Install and After-Uninstall
- Access the Zimbra Administration Console.
- Enter the Zextras Administration Zimlet’s Core area.
- Deploy the Zextras Client Zimlet by clicking the Deploy button.
- Once deployed, the zimlet will be identified as com_zextras_client in the list of deployed zimlets.
- Run the Zextras CLI command zxsuite core doDeployClientZimlet.
Activate the Zextras Client
- Per user – under the Zimlets section of each user’s Zimbra Administration Console settings.
- Per COS – via the Zimbra Administration Console, in the Zimlets portion of each Class of Service’s settings.
- Using the zmzimletctl command in the Zimbra CLI
- Zimlet Zextras Client Update