The many settings that may be modified to provide access to Carbonio features via mobile devices are described in this section. You need console access to update the settings because they are presently only accessible through the CLI.
This section teaches the commands and frequently used sub-commands necessary for the administration of all mobile device features while describing the most frequent tasks.
For a COS, enable Carbonio Mobile Synchronisation.
To enable or disable the COS-level options, use the corresponding instructions. However, keep in mind that each user has the ability to override these settings.
Carbonio Mobile for a Single User to be Enabled
Disable Sync for a Device and an Account
The feature for mobile passwords
- Regardless of any other password policies, compel set-and-forget secure passwords. In this approach, it won’t be necessary to reset the password kept on all mobile devices synchronised with an account in the event that the account password changes.
- Do not reveal the true password if the device or client has been accessed without authorization.
How to Create a Mobile Mailbox Password
Carbonio Mobile and the SyncState are partners of SyncStates.
- To synchronise the local Folders with those on the server, the device requests a folderSync operation.
- One SyncKey is transmitted for each local folder, but if this is the device’s initial connection to the server, it sends a single SyncKey set to 0.
- In response, the server provides a list of accessible directories.
- The server sends one SyncKey per folder.
- To synchronise all outstanding items, the device requests an itemSync operation.
- The synchronised objects are kept on the server in the SyncState.
- The device sends a ping to maintain the connection following the itemSync action.
Request for Sync
- SyncState modifications
- Client-side force synchronisation
- The device sends a fresh ping when the existing one expires (the client specifies the keepalive duration).
Taking care of the SyncStates
DoS filter for Carbonio mobile’s advanced settings
- mobileAntiDosServiceThe Mobile DoS Filter service is now enabled. standard false;
- MobileAntiDosServiceJailDuration: The length of the synchronisation “jail” in milliseconds. Standard 600000;
- Time window used by mobileAntiDosService to compute the connection ratio. If a device submits additional mobileAntiDosServiceMaxRequests requests during this time interval, the prison is activated. Standard 30000 ms;
- Maximum requests received during mobileAntiDosServiceTimeWindow milliseconds are specified by mobileAntiDosServiceMaxRequests. Standard 150;
Using the Mobile DoS Filter
Mobile Performance Tuning for Carbonio
When Should Performance Tuning Settings Be Edited?
Filters for EAS
A description of an EAS filter
Loggers for mobile accounts
- The intended customer
- The verbosity of the log, or log_level
- The specific log_file
- While the logger is active, the window_size that will be enforced across all devices synchronising with the account
Device control with Allow/Block/Quarantine (ABQ)
- Unified Device Control List
- authorising engine
- the CLI toolset
Personalised ABQ emails
Service Status for ABQ
The Contact Book Service
Using LDAP to access the address book
Address and Contact Books
- contacts and address books that belong to the user.
- The GAL of the user.
The LDAP Address Book does not display the address books of other users, including shared address books.
Further Address Books
Setup for Outlook
- Go to the Address Books tab in the Account Settings section and click Add.
- Press Next after selecting Internet Directory Service (LDAP).
- after entering the mailbox server’s direct URL, select the Check the “This server requires me to log in” box, then enter your email address and password (or current mobile password, if applicable).
- Choose “More Settings”
- The Use Secure Socket Layer option should be selected after entering the server’s URL as the Display Name and port 8636 in the Connection tab.
- Leave the input box empty and choose Custom as the search basis in the Search tab
- To finish the procedure, click Ok to exit the More Options window and Next to open the Add Account window.