Zextras Carbonio 23.6.0
- next ( 1 ) back
Carbonio Community Edition
Suite for Zimbra
- next ( 6 ) back
- next ( 4 ) back
Add a Node for the AppServer
Add a Node for an AppServer
How to add an AppServer Node to an existing Carbonio installation is covered in this section. This is helpful when you need to scale up your infrastructure due to an increase in the number of mailboxes.
Please carefully go through the whole installation process on this page before attempting to install a new AppServer, and make sure the following conditions are met.
- Already, a Carbonio infrastructure is functioning properly.
- There is a new node that meets the multi-server requirements and has already completed the preliminary tasks. This node will be known as SRV11.example.com.
- The root user must be used to run all commands.
The steps to take are simple and the same as for the SRV3: Carbonio Advanced (AppServer) Node.
the Carbonio bootstrap procedure to begin
You must supply these values during the procedure, which you may do by retrieving them from SRV1.
- The FQDN of SRV1, srv1.example.com, is LDA master host.
- The command is used to acquire the Ldap Admin password from SRV1.
Configure Carbonio Mesh
The agent for Carbonio Mesh will be installed; it will connect to and communicate with the server. By using the launching command, the agent’s configuration is built.
This instruction will:
- demand the current Node’s IP address and netmask.
- Request the Carbonio Mesh secret from the SRV1 server, which is located in the file /var/lib/service-discover/password.
Run the subsequent command when the setup has been finished successfully, this time using the secret.
Restarting all services is the final step to take.
Use the following command to verify that the Node was added correctly:
The new node should be included in the output, like in:
Use command to verify that all services are operational.