Carbonio Auth has a unique settings page (see Fig. 8) for managing all user-side credentials and features, including account and EAS Mobile Passwords, Mobile App QR Codes, and OTP for 2FA.
Carbonio Auth settings page overview
The Carbonio Auth settings page may be reached via the right-hand menu. Users do not require CLI access to utilise the Carbonio Auth.
The establishment of a new credential allows you to grant others access to your account, maybe including the Zextras Mobile Apps, without having to divulge your personal credentials.
The settings page allows the user to:
- Change the password for the currently logged in user.
- Add new credentials to the relevant pages, accessible by selecting Exchange ActiveSync, Mobile Apps, or OTP Authentication.
- Check the status and other information for any Exchange ActiveSync and Mobile Apps credentials that have been established. Each section’s list entries indicate the password’s title, status, the service for which it is valid, and the date it was created.
- Check the status and other details for each One Time Password established. Each item includes a description, status, unsuccessful attempts, and creation date.
- Manage 2FA access. Unless 2FA is configured or deactivated at the COS, domain, or global level, each user has the option of enforcing access using it.
- Delete any credentials generated.
The remainder of this section provides an overview of the numerous options for creating new credentials, as well as instructions on how to add or delete them.
To change your password, click Change Password. Here, you must enter your existing password twice before entering a new one (see Fig. 8).
To save your new password, click the blue CHANGE PASSWORD button.
Create new credentials: EAS.
To generate a new Password for the EAS service, choose Exchange ActiveSync and then NEW AUTHENTICATION +. Enter an easy-to-remember password identifier in the Authentication description area.
Then click CREATE PASSWORD, and the new Mobile Password will be presented.
Finally, click the COPY PASSWORD box to copy the password to your clipboard.
Click DONE to exit the Carbonio Auth window. The Carbonio Auth Zimlet’s Active Passwords list now includes an item for the new Mobile Password.
Create New Credentials for Mobile Apps.
Carbonio Auth can help to speed up and handle Zextras Application logins, such as those for mobile devices. This is accomplished by creating a QR Code, which the user may then scan from the App’s login page to sign in. The process is fairly similar to that outlined in the preceding section.
To generate a new QR code for a mobile application, open the Carbonio Auth Zimlet and choose Mobile Apps, then NEW AUTHENTICATION +. Enter an easy-to-remember password identifier in the Authentication description. Click CREATE PASSWORD, and the new QR code for the Mobile Application will appear. You may use the Zextras mobile app to frame the code and allow access to it.
Click DONE to exit the Carbonio Auth window. The Carbonio Auth Zimlet’s Active Passwords list now includes a new Mobile Application item.
You will be presented with a QR code; scan it with your smartphone or copy it (as a string) to the clipboard, then click NEXT to view the list of PIN numbers to be used in authentication.
Next, click the PRINT PIN CODES option to print the codes on paper or save them as a file. The printed page contains all of the codes, the username/e-mail address for which they are valid, and how to use them.
Finally, choose DONE to exit the Carbonio Auth window. The list will include the new OTP entry.
To delete a credential, just choose it from the list of active passwords or OTPs and click the DELETE x button.
To confirm the removal of the credential, click YES.