Backup for Carbonio
This chapter discusses Carbonio Backup, the component in charge of backing up all data. The chapter is organised into many sections: first, an overview of the most typical task is provided, followed by links to more technical literature.
Following that, the architecture of Carbonio Backup is outlined, which contains crucial ideas to be aware of ahead of time; the concepts will be discussed in further detail later in the chapter.
- Backup (of an AppServer) is the current page, which includes: the architecture of the backup modules and a glossary of the most important words; the most common backup operations and how to perform them through the CLI
- Backup Restore Strategies: How to Restore Items, Accounts, or Whole AppServers from the CLI
- Advanced Backup Techniques, including Disaster Recovery, a set of last-resort recovery options following hardware or software failures (unrelated to Carbonio
- Backup of the Admin Panel, which comprises all tasks that can only be completed through the GUI.
Common Carbonio Backup Tasks
How to Enable Carbonio Backup
- Install a storage device at the desired place. Throughout this part, we will use the default path
remember to change it with the location you choose.